How to apply
To apply, you will need to submit the following documents and information using our online application form (below):
- A full curriculum vitae/resume
- A personal statement outlining i) your journalistic values, ii) the major trends in the media landscape in which you work, and iii) a summary of what you think you would contribute to the Fellowship programme (no more than 500 words in total).
- A statement of up to 1,000 words explaining your proposed research project
- A reference from your employer, supporting your application and granting leave of absence - if you are a freelance journalist, we will accept a professional reference from a colleague or higher education tutor
- A second professional reference (e.g. former employer)
- A sample of your work (please see specific requirements below)
- Evidence you have the required English language ability, if English is not your first language (an original certificate that is not more than two years old and issued by the responsible body) - please see more about the university's language requirements
Application deadline: 11 February 2019, midday (UK time). Applications are now closed.
- Three articles or reports (more than three will not be reviewed), including dates and names of the publications
- A translation into English must accompany material published in other languages
- Applicants in managerial or editorial positions for whom it would be difficult to send work samples should include a statement of up to 500 words describing their work
- A link/URL to an example of your work via Vimeo or YouTube (maximum 10 minutes), plus a brief, written description of the material
- A summary or transcription in English must accompany material in other languages
- Applicants in managerial or editorial positions for whom it would be difficult to send work samples should include a statement of up to 500 words describing your work, including details of any major programmes for which you have been responsible
N.B. APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT THE ABOVE WORK.